Vision for 2020
Do you have a vision for 2020? What would you like to achieve this year or even in this decade? Do you;
- Want to get a new job?
- Learn new skills to change your life?
- Get fit and healthy?
- Meet new people?
- Improve your health and wellbeing?
- Have more time for you?
- Eat more healthily and learn to cook new recipes?
- Get out more and take up new hobbies?
- Learn a new skill to help you in your work or just for fun?
Why make a Vision Board?
Having a visual reminder, is a great way to focus your mind and help you see what you need to do to achieve it. Creating a Vision Board is a really good way to clarify your vision and see how it would feel to achieve your goal.
Below is an example of a Vision board. If you would like to see more have a look at my ‘Soultimes’ Pinterest site, where you will find lots of different styles.
What you will need?
All you need to create your vision board is;
- Large piece of card or paper
- Collection of old magazines and pictures
- Scissors and glue
And last, but not least carve out some time just for you. You will need a couple of hours , but you don’t have to do it all in one go. I generally sit in front of the T.V with a stack of magazines and cut out all of the pictures that appeal to me. It is interesting to see what catches your eye. Sometimes something jumps out of the page that you had forgotten was something you would like to try or do.
For some people it is words that appeal more than pictures. Do whatever works for you. You might find yourself throwing something to one side, as your Negative Nelly mind (my pet name for it!) tells you that you can’t do it. But lets look at Strictly Come Dancing as an example. That programme is full of stars who say ‘ I would love to do Strictly, but I can’t dance’. Four weeks later they are dancing, its fair to say some are better than others however they can now dance!
The Vision Board
So now you have put on your ‘Positive Polly’ head and have collected all of your images, photo’s and words ,it is time to put the board together. Book yourself an hour where you can put on some music, get yourself a cup of tea and take time to dream!
- Lay your card or paper out in your space
- Spend a couple of minutes letting your mind wander and see, feel and hear what you would like to achieve over the coming year
- Now start to lay the images onto the paper, let your creative side flow. Take as long as you like moving the images about, until it feels right for you. Is there anything missing that you would like to add?
- Once you are happy with how it, stick the images down.
- When it is dry find a spot where you can see it on a daily basis to keep you motivated.
I keep mine on a door in my meditation room, so that every time I sit to meditate I am reminded of my intentions.
Hope you have lots of fun creating your Vision Board , let me know how it goes.
Love and Light